General Enteral Nutrition Resources | Enteral Nutrition Resources for Specific Patient Populations
Enteral Access Devices and Connectors | Enteral Nutrition Product Shortages
General Enteral Nutrition Resources
Overview of Enteral Nutrition
- What is Enteral Nutrition? (English), (Spanish)
- Book: ASPEN Enteral Nutrition Handbook Second Edition 2019
This handbook contains recommendations on safe practices, ENFit®, and information on preparation, labeling, and dispensing of EN. It is a step-by-step, practical guide to caring for patients receiving EN therapy.
Indications for Enteral Nutrition
Safe Practices for Enteral Nutrition
Enteral Nutrition Reimbursement
Medication Use with Enteral Nutrition and Enteral Access Devices
Enteral Nutrition Modalities
Blenderized Tube Feeding
Oral Nutrition Supplements
Plant Based Protein
- Video Series Development support by Kate Farms2020
External Resources: In addition to the ASPEN resources above, the ASPEN Enteral Nutrition Committee has compiled these helpful external resources for both clinicians and consumers. ASPEN does not endorse any brand of product nor are these listings a substitute for medical or other professional advice and should not be taken as such.
Enteral Nutrition Resources for Specific Patient Populations
Patients with Cancer
Critically Ill Patients
- ASPEN EN Care Pathway2018
This pathway provides steps and resources for managing critically-ill adult patients requiring enteral nutrition (EN), starting at needs assessment through transition out of the ICU.
Enteral Access Devices and Connectors
Enteral Access Device Placement and Verification
Enteral Access Device Connectors
Enteral Access Device Transitions
EN Product Shortages
- EN Product Shortage News: ASPEN maintains communications with EN product manufacturers, other professional healthcare organizations, and clinicians to stay up to date on the status of EN product shortages. This page provides the latest news on EN shortages and is continually updated as ASPEN learns of new or resolving shortages.
- EN Product Shortage Resources: ASPEN provides other helpful resources related to EN product shortages.