House and Senate Resolutions and State Proclamations for Malnutrition Awareness Week!
ASPEN would like to thank our members, ambassadors, and partners for helping us increase malnutrition awareness across the country and having legislators officially recognizing the importance of Malnutrition Awareness Week.
About Malnutrition Awareness Week
• Resolution from Resolution from the U.S. Senate and U.S. House of Representatives
• Senate Joint Resolution from Virginia
• Proclamation from the Navajo Nation
Malnutrition Awareness WeekTM is an annual, multi-organizational campaign created by ASPEN in 2012 to:
- Educate healthcare professionals about early detection and treatment of malnutrition
- Educate consumers/patients on the importance of discussing their nutrition status with healthcare professionals
- Increase awareness of nutrition’s role on patient recovery
ASPEN Malnutrition Awareness Week, with the help of ambassadors, corporate sponsors, and collaboration with liked-minded societies, has grown exponentially around the world, reaching more than 230.5 million healthcare professionals, government leaders, community agencies, patients, and caregivers.
Malnutrition Awareness Week is part of the National Health Observances Calendar. This award-winning program has been presented with numerous recognitions from U.S. senators, governors, and other leading groups.