The application period has now ended.
Application period: November 7 - December 5, 2022
ASPEN is pleased to accept applications for the Global PN Fellowship, supported through an unrestricted educational grant by Baxter. This fellowship is designed to introduce early-career physicians with an interest in nutrition support to ASPEN, so they can discover the important role ASPEN, education, and mentorship may have in their career development.
The fellowship will be awarded to five early-career physicians interested in enhancing their knowledge and expertise in parenteral nutrition (PN). One fellowship will be awarded to a physician from each of the following regions:
- United States
- Central/South America and Canada
- Middle East and South Africa
- Southeast Asia/Pacific region
One of the selected physicians must be a neonatal/pediatric physician.
To be considered for this award:
- You must be a physician under the age of 40 or within your first 5 years of clinical specialty, whichever is later.
- The following must be submitted in English:
- Completed fellowship application
- Current curriculum vitae (CV)
- Statement of current clinical practice
- Statement of specific area of interest in parenteral nutrition
- Why you are applying for this fellowship and what you hope to learn and take back to your country/practice
- Letter of recommendation from country or regional parenteral nutrition specialist
- Agreement to present on a PN topic at your local or national PEN society within 1 year of fellowship
- Agreement to provide one review of a key nutrition article for the ASPEN Physician Engagement Committee’s Key Publication program
- Volunteer work through ASPEN is encouraged
FELLOWSHIP WILL COVER
- Travel, lodging, and registration to attend the ASPEN 2023 Nutrition Science & Practice Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Attendance at the ASPEN Preconference Physician Course, April 20, 2023, in Las Vegas, Nevada
- One-year membership to ASPEN (physician rate) and ASPEN’s International Clinical Nutrition Section (ICNS)
- Travel, lodging, and registration to attend your local country’s parenteral and enteral association’s 2023/2024 congress (to give a presentation on a PN topic)
- Visa application fee, if applicable
- Mentor support from an ASPEN physician member
For questions, contact Pat Anthony at [email protected].
PLEASE NOTE: Fellowship winners will be attending the ASPEN23 conference in-person on April 20-23, 2023, in Las Vegas, Nevada. As the U.S. visa application process can be long, it is suggested that all persons applying for the fellowship investigate the visa process for their country immediately if they do not already have a visa.
Fellowship supported by