Applications are now closed. Thank you for your interest!
The Global PN Fellowship is designed to introduce early-career physicians with an interest in nutrition support to ASPEN, so they can discover the important role ASPEN, education, and mentorship may have in their career development. The fellowship is supported through an unrestricted educational grant by Baxter.
The fellowship will be awarded to five early-career physicians interested in enhancing their knowledge and expertise in parenteral nutrition (PN). In order to be eligible, applicants must reside in one of the following countries or regions:
- Central America
- Middle East
- Pacific region
- South Africa
- South America
- Southeast Asia
- United States
One of the selected physicians must be a neonatal/pediatric physician.
To be considered for this award:
- You must be a physician under the age of 40 or within your first 5 years of clinical specialty
- The following must be submitted in English:
- Completed fellowship application
- Current curriculum vitae (CV)
- Letter of recommendation from country or regional parenteral nutrition specialist
- Agreement to present on a PN topic at your local or national PEN society within one year of fellowship
- Agreement to provide one review of a key nutrition article for the ASPEN Physician Engagement Committee’s Key Publication program
- Agreement to select one key abstract presented at ASPEN24 and interview the primary author, summarize research, and highlight the importance in clinical practice and the future of the development of the field of nutrition
- Volunteer work through ASPEN is preferred
FELLOWSHIP WILL COVER
- Travel, lodging, and registration to attend the ASPEN 2024 Nutrition Science & Practice Conference and the Physician Pre-Conference Course in Tampa, Florida, March 1-5, 2025
- One-year membership to ASPEN (physician rate), including membership in ASPEN’s International Clinical Nutrition Section (ICNS)
- Travel, lodging, and registration to attend your local country’s parenteral and enteral association’s 202/2025 congress to give a presentation on a PN topic
- Visa application fee, if applicable
- Mentor support from an ASPEN physician member
For questions, contact Kelly Kinnare at [email protected].
PLEASE NOTE: Fellowship winners will be attending the ASPEN24 conference in-person March 1-5, 2024 in Tampa, Florida. As the U.S. visa application process can be long, it is suggested that all persons applying for the fellowship investigate the visa process for their country immediately if they do not already have a visa.
Fellowship supported by