The 2024 award cycle is now closed.
- ASPEN Members
- Mid-career investigators and ASPEN members who have an advanced degree (MD, PharmD, MS, PhD, or equivalent) and who have completed formal training in nutritional research/therapy within the past 10-15 years.
- Demonstration of exceptional research productivity and the potential to continue to contribute to the field of nutrition therapy.
- To nominate a colleague, please submit a letter of recommendation to ASPEN Staff, who will then contact the nominee for an application.
- To nominate yourself, please complete the online application.
This award entails:
- A Cash Award
- Attendance at the ASPEN Nutrition Science & Practice Conference
- The honor of planning and chairing ASPEN’s Dudrick Symposium at the following year’s Nutrition Science & Practice Conference
- Opportunity to submit proceedings of their planned Dudrick Symposium to the Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (JPEN)
Congratulations to ASPEN's 2023 Stanley J. Dudrick Research Award Recipient
Nikhil Pai, BSc, MD, CNSC, NASPGHAN-F, FAAP, FRCPC
Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition; Medical Lead Intestinal Rehabilitation & Complex Nutrition Program; Staff Pediatric Gastroenterologist, McMaster University/McMaster Children’s Hospital, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
A message from Dr. Pai
"I feel tremendously honoured to have been selected as a recipient of the Stanley J. Dudrick Research Scholar Award. Sharing this distinction with so many other international leaders in clinical nutrition is both humbling and intensely motivating as a mid-career clinician-scientist. Dr. Stanley Dudrick epitomized the qualities of an innovative, compassionate physician who was motivated to develop better treatments after witnessing the ongoing suffering of his patients. To this day, we have exceedingly few interventions in clinical nutrition that may be construed as clinically impactful and lifesaving as total parenteral nutrition. Dr. Dudrick’s legacy of pursuing innovative research that disrupts existing treatment paradigms is something I aspire to in my own work. Receiving this award will offer me a constant reminder of that goal. My deepest gratitude to the selection committee of ASPEN for this award, and to the Dudrick family for encouraging future generations of nutrition researchers to remain deeply innovative and clinically focused in their scientific pursuits."
View profiles of past Dudrick Award Recipients
View a list of all Dudrick Award Recipients