For each of the ASPEN Nutrition Science & Practice Conference primary abstract categories: Parenteral Nutrition; Enteral Nutrition; Malnutrition/Obesity/Nutrition Practice Concepts and Issues; Critical Care; GI and other metabolic-related topics; and Pediatric/Neonatal/Pregnancy/Lactation, the presenting author of the top-scoring abstract will be acknowledged with a certificate and the abstract will be published in the ASPEN conference issue of the Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition. Vars candidates are ineligible for these awards.
Congratulations to the 2021 Best of the ASPEN Nutrition Science & Practice Conference Awardees
BEST OF ASPEN-CRITICAL CARE TOPICS
950140 - Resolution of Elements Influencing Nutritional Status After Critical Illness: the REINSTATE trial
Matthew J. Summers, BSc, MDiet
BEST OF ASPEN-ENTERAL TOPICS
951400 - Transition to Peptide Based Formula is Associated with Greater Tolerability and Reduction in Healthcare Utilization in Children Receiving Enteral Nutrition
Osman Mohamed Elfadil, MBBS
BEST OF ASPEN-GI AND OTHER METABOLIC TOPICS
949263 - Platinum-induced fatty acids in intravenous lipid emulsions and the potential for chemotherapy resistance
Gregory Roberti, PharmD, BCNSP
BEST OF ASPEN-MALNUTRITION, OBESITY, AND PRACTICE CONCEPTS
945177 - Evaluation of a multi-step feeding protocol of stable isotope amino acid tracers to determine anabolic threshold and capacity in patients with head and neck cancer on concurrent chemoradiation therapy
Kathleen L. Price, PhD, RDN, LD
BEST OF ASPEN-PARENTERAL TOPICS
939208 - Intestinotrophic effect of a novel long-acting GLP-2 analog, HM15912, in animal model for short bowel syndrome and potential as monthly administration
Jae Hyuk Choi
BEST OF ASPEN-PEDIATRIC AND NEONATAL TOPICS
P115 - Comparing the pharmacokinetic profiles and intestinotrophic effects of two glucagon like peptide-2 analogues in the treatment of short bowel syndrome studied in neonatal piglets
Mirielle L. Pauline, BSc
Requirements & Eligibility:
- Awards are selected by ASPEN’s Abstract Review Committee, there is no requirement to apply for these awards.
- All submitted abstracts are eligible, including Encore submissions. Authors of winning encore abstracts must obtain re-print permission from the copyright holder.
- Top scoring presenting authors are eligible regardless of preferred presentation type (oral vs. poster)
- All presenting authors are eligible, regardless of career stage.
- Abstract may receive Best of ASPEN and additionally designation as Abstract of Distinction.
- Vars candidates are ineligible for this award.