For each of the ASPEN Nutrition Science & Practice Conference primary abstract categories: Parenteral Nutrition; Enteral Nutrition; Malnutrition/Obesity/Nutrition Practice Concepts and Issues; Critical Care; GI and other metabolic-related topics; and Pediatric/Neonatal/Pregnancy/Lactation, the presenting author of the top-scoring abstract will be acknowledged with a certificate and the abstract will be published in the ASPEN conference issue of the Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition. Vars candidates are ineligible for these awards.
Congratulations to the 2022 Best of the ASPEN Nutrition Science & Practice Conference AwardeesBest of ASPEN – Parenteral Nutrition Topics
Haruka Takayama, RD, MSBeta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate (HMB) activates mTOR expressionin Peyer’s patches: A possible mechanism for restoration of gut associated lymphoid tissue (GALT) atrophy in parenterally fed mice
Best of ASPEN – Enteral Nutrition Topics
Osman Mohamed Elfadil, MBBS
Racial Disparities in Access to Enteral Nutrition Therapy: A National Referral Center Experience
Best of ASPEN – Malnutrition Topics
Lisa Martin, PhD, RD
An explanatory sequential mixed methods approach to understand how Registered Dietitians deploy computed-tomography (CT) skeletal muscle assessments in clinical practice
Best of ASPEN – Critical Care Topics
Catherine Karlak, MS, RD, CNSC
Electronic Health Record Workflows Impact Nursing Documentation and Delivery of Nutritional Modular Products to ICU Patients
Megan Nordlund, MS, RD, CSG
Utilizing CT scans in Nutrition Assessment of Critically Ill Patients
Best of ASPEN – GI Topics
Harold J. Leraas, MD, MHS
Results of the pilot phase of the Intestinal Rehabilitation and Transplant Association International Intestinal Failure Registry
Best of ASPEN – Pediatric and Neonatal Topics
Coral Rudie, MS, RD, LDN, CNSC
Malnutrition Detection Clinical Process Map at Boston Children's Hospital: A Quality Improvement Initiative
Requirements & Eligibility:
- Awards are selected by ASPEN’s Abstract Review Committee, there is no requirement to apply for these awards.
- All submitted abstracts are eligible, including Encore submissions. Authors of winning encore abstracts must obtain re-print permission from the copyright holder.
- Top scoring presenting authors are eligible regardless of preferred presentation type (oral vs. poster)
- All presenting authors are eligible, regardless of career stage.
- Abstract may receive Best of ASPEN and additionally designation as Abstract of Distinction.
- Vars candidates are ineligible for this award.