For each of the ASPEN Nutrition Science & Practice Conference primary abstract categories: Parenteral Nutrition; Enteral Nutrition; Malnutrition/Obesity/Nutrition Practice Concepts and Issues; Critical Care; GI and Other Nutrition and Metabolic-Related Topics; and Pediatric/Neonatal/Pregnancy/Lactation, the presenting author of the top-scoring abstract will be acknowledged with a certificate and the abstract will be published in the ASPEN conference issue of the Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition. Vars candidates are ineligible for these awards.
Congratulations to the 2023 Best of the ASPEN Nutrition Science & Practice Conference AwardeesBest of ASPEN – Parenteral Nutrition Topics
Amy Nishnick, RD, LD, CNSCMicrobiology Characteristics of Blood Stream Infection in Dysmotility Patients on Home Parenteral Nutrition
Best of ASPEN – Enteral Nutrition Topics
Cara Larimer, RD, CNSC
Line Entanglement: "A Real Risk and It's Scary"
Best of ASPEN – Malnutrition Topics
Silvia Figueiroa, MS, RD, LD, CNSC
to Improve Malnutrition Diagnosis
Best of ASPEN – Critical Care Topics
Ellen Dresen, PhD
Therapy Practices in Cardiac Surgery Patients - Status Quo in International
Intensive Care Units
Althuis, RDN, LDN
Calorimetry Critical in Identifying Early Hypometabolism and Late-Stage
Hypermetabolism in Post-surgical Patients
Best of ASPEN – GI Topics
OhChan Kwon, Master of Science
Highly Potent Long-Acting GLP-1/GLP-2 Dual Agonist for the Treatment of Short
Best of ASPEN – Pediatric and Neonatal Topics
Ajay Jain, MD, MHA
Recirculation of Distal Intestinal Content in Short Bowel Syndrome Mitigates
Gut and Liver Injury
Paul W. Wales, MD, MSc, FRCSC, FACS, FASPEN
Predictors of Response to Teduglutide in Pediatric Patients With Short Bowel Syndrome-Associated Intestinal Failure
Requirements & Eligibility:
- Awards are selected by ASPEN’s Abstract Review Committee, there is no requirement to apply for these awards.
- All submitted abstracts are eligible, including Encore submissions. Authors of winning encore abstracts must obtain re-print permission from the copyright holder.
- Top scoring presenting authors are eligible regardless of preferred presentation type (oral vs. poster)
- All presenting authors are eligible, regardless of career stage.
- Abstract may receive Best of ASPEN and additionally designation as Abstract of Distinction.
- Vars candidates are ineligible for this award.