The American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (ASPEN) publishes books relevant to its mission of improving patient care by advancing the science and practice of clinical nutrition and metabolism. The society makes a concerted effort to present up-to-date, accurate evidence in its publications by enlisting the help of member authors, editors, and peer reviewers. Typographical and other errors are corrected in the print run following discovery. The print run is indicted on the copyright page, where the lowest number indicates the print run of an edition. If you find an error that is not already listed, you can report it here.
The following are pending corrections by book title and print run as of January 27, 2021.
The ASPEN Adult Support Core Curriculum, 3rd Edition, 1st to 4th Print Run
- Page 164, Fig 8-3: Change Low Iron Status to High Iron Status.
- Page 170, Table 8-20: Change Kayser-Fleischer rings to Toxicity column.
- Page 178, Table 8-28, Footnote b, Change to: An additional 12 mg zinc per liter of small bowel losses or 17 mg zinc per liter of stool or ileostomy losses may be needed
- Page 178, Table 8-28, Source, Change to: Data are from references 14, 65, 156, 159 and Jeejeebhoy K. Zinc: an essential trace element for parenteral nutrition. Gastroenterology. 2009;137(5 Suppl):S7–S12.
The A.S.P.E.N. Pediatric Support Core Curriculum, 2nd Edition, 1st to 5th Print Run
ASPEN Fluids, Electrolytes, and Acid-Based Disorders Handbook, Second Edition, 1st Print Run
- Page 29; Table 2-6, change to:
| Gatorade® G2 (ready to drink) + ½ teaspoon of salt b || 70 || 3.2 || 22.5 || 256 |
bGatorade® G2 (ready to drink) contains ~18.5 mEq of sodium per 32 ounces (946 mL). Addition of ½ teaspoon of salt to 32 ounces results in a sodium concentration of ~70 mEq/L; Potassium levels are well below the recommended amount for an ORS.
A.S.P.E.N. Parenteral Nutrition Workbook: Cases and Worksheets for Adult, Pediatric, and Neonatal Patients, 1st Ed., 1st to 6th Print Run
- Page 11: Change to “Adult Case 1: Day 2-Answer Key”
- Page 16: Q1 bullet 2, “Dextrose: 354 g/d” change to “IVFE: 35 g/d”
- Page 111: Under vocabulary, change to “Gravida 1, Para 0-1 (G1P0->1)”
- Page 122: Table in upper right Na value, change to “126 mEq/L” not 26
- Page 142: Figure 4. PN Label Day 24. After Copper change to include “Manganese 1 mcg/kg/d”
- Page 177: Table 19. Multitrace-5 Regular, change to “Copper, 400 mcg/mL; Manganese, 100 mcg/mL”
- Page 178: Figure 3. Number 2, line a. change 45 Rule to “Ca (mEq/L) + 2[PO4 (mmol/L)] < or equal to 45”