< Resources for Patient Populations or Healthcare Management
This material is intended to provide assistance to clinicians regarding practice management for nutrition support services and procedures. This can help in development, education, justification and quality improvement endeavors for nutrition support teams.
- Mistiaen P, Van den Heede K. Nutrition support teams: A systematic review.JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 2020; https://doi.org/10.1002/jpen.1811
- Stidham MA, Douglas JW. Nutrition support team oversight and appropriateness of parenteral nutrition in hospitalized adults: a systematic review.JPEN J Parenteral Nutr 2020; https://doi.org/10.1002/jpen.1864
- Barrocas A. Demonstrating the value of the Nutrition Support Team to the C-suite in a value based environment: rise or demise of the nutrition support team. Nutr Clin Pract 2019;34:806—821.
- Meyer M, Hartwell J, Beatty A, Cattell T. Creation of a virtual nutrition support team to improve quality of care for patients receiving parenteral nutrition in a multisite healthcare system. Nutr Clin Pract 2019;34:881-886.
- Braun K, Utech A, Velez ME, Walker R. Parenteral nutrition electrolyte abnormalities and associated factors before and after nutrition support team initiation. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 2018;42:387-392.
- Parent B, Shelton M, Nordlund M, Arabi S, O’Keefe G. Parenteral nutrition utilization after implementation of multidisciplinary nutrition support team oversight: A prospective cohort study. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 2016;40:1151-1157.
- Brody R, Hise M, Marcus AF, Harvey-Banchik L, Matarese LE. Evaluatingevidence-based nutrition support practice among healthcare professionals withand without the certified nutrition support clinician credential. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 2016;40:107-114
- Giancarelli A, Davanos E. Evaluationof nutrition support pharmacist interventions. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 2015;39:476-481.
- Dickerson RN, Maish GO, Minard G, Brown RO. Nutritionsupport team-led glycemic control program for critically ill patients. Nutr Clin Pract 2014;29:534-541.
- Laszlo N. Kiraly, Stephen A. McClave, Dustin Neel, David C. Evans, Robert G. Martindale, Ryan T. Hurt. PhysicianNutrition Education. Nutr Clin Pract 2014; 29: 332-337.
- Guenter P. NutritionSupport Clinicians Needed Now More Than Ever. Nutr Clin Pract 2013: 28:541-542.
- Mark H. DeLegge and Andrea T. Kelley. Stateof Nutrition Support Teams. Nutr Clin Pract 2013; 28:691-697.
- A.S.P.E.N. Practice Management Task Force: Mark DeLegge, MD, Chair; Jennifer A. Wooley, MS, RD, CNSD; Peggi Guenter, PhD, RN, CNSN; Sheila Wright, MS, RD; Joel Brill, MD; Deb Andris, MSN, APNP; et al. The Stateof Nutrition Support Teams and Update on Current Models for Providing NutritionSupport Therapy to Patients. Nutr Clin Pract February 2010; 25(1):76-84.