The ASPEN Rhoads Research Foundation (the Foundation) funds exceptional scientific research projects submitted in the areas of clinical nutrition and metabolic support in alignment with the priorities outlined in the ASPEN Research Agenda. The new Nutrition and COVID-19 Grant is intended to improve our understanding of how COVID-19 affects nutrition and metabolism.
Grant Application: August 5, 2020
Award Notification: September 2020
Grant Term: January 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021
Review application instructions
and submit your grant application
via email to [email protected]
by August 5, 2020
- Investigators at any career level are eligible to apply.
- ASPEN membership by the principal investigator (PI) is required prior to submission of the grant application.
Focus of RFA
The scope of the grant will be to fund research in nutrition and metabolism as related to COVID-19.
The grant is for scientific purposes, and not for the purpose of promoting any specific therapeutic or medical products.
As a condition of accepting the award, recipient of this grant will agree to:
- Attend the ASPEN 2021 Nutrition Science & Practice Conference to receive recognition at the Foundation reception and the Rhoads Research Lecture and Awards Ceremony.
- Submit an abstract for consideration by the ASPEN Abstract Review Committee for potential presentation at the ASPEN Nutrition Science & Practice Conference.
- Submit a minimum of one manuscript based on the funded work to be considered for publication in JPEN.
Performance Period and Budget
The term of performance is January 1 of the award year through December 31 of the award year. Research projects must be completed in one year, within a budget of up to $20,000.
Peer Review Process
The Foundation’s grant review committee will review the application, and all submitted materials.
The ASPEN Rhoads Research Foundation funds this grant.
Sara Fleming, MSPH
Manager, Research Programs
ASPEN Rhoads Research Foundation
8401 Colesville Road, Suite 510
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Email: [email protected]