The purpose of requiring recertification renewal is to measure continued competent and knowledgeable nutrition support practice. Nutrition support clinician certification is recognized for a period of five years at which time the candidate must retake and pass the Certification Examination for Nutrition Support Clinicians in order to retain certification.
- Download and review the candidate handbook to learn about the certification process, including the policies and procedures for the exam.
- International Candidates, please review in full the NBNSC’s Certification Policy and Eligibility Requirements for International Candidates.
- To apply for the exam, submit an application with the appropriate fee and any additional documentation to the Professional Testing Corporation (PTC), NBNSC's testing partner.
- Please refer to the PTC Homepage for details if you require a special testing location or special testing arrangements for candidates with special needs.
- All requests for receipt of payment for the CNSC exam should be addressed to the Professional Testing Corporation (PTC) at (212) 356-0660 or through the PTC Contact Page.