JPEN and NCP Papers on Nutrition Support Teams
- Brody R, Hise M, Marcus AF, Harvey-Banchik L, Matarese LE. Evaluating evidence-based nutrition support practice among healthcare professionals with and without the certified nutrition support clinician credential. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 2016;40:107-114
- Giancarelli A, Davanos E. Evaluation of nutrition support pharmacist interventions. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 2015;39:476-481.
- Dickerson RN, Maish GO, Minard G, Brown RO. Nutrition support team-led glycemic control program for critically ill patients. Nutr Clin Pract 2014;29:534-541.
- Matarese LE, Chinn RN, Hertz NR, Callahan P, Harvey-Banchik L, Strang B. Practice analysis of nutrition support professionals: evidence-based multidisciplinary nutrition support certification examination. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 2012:663-670.
- Laszlo N. Kiraly, Stephen A. McClave, Dustin Neel, David C. Evans, Robert G. Martindale, Ryan T. Hurt. Physician Nutrition Education. Nutr Clin Pract 2014; 29: 332-337.
- Peggi Guenter. Nutrition Support Clinicians Needed Now More Than Ever Nutr Clin Pract 2013: 541-542.
- Mark H. DeLegge and Andrea T. Kelley. State of Nutrition Support Teams Nutr Clin Pract 2013; 28:691-697.
- A.S.P.E.N. Practice Management Task Force: Mark DeLegge, MD, Chair; Jennifer A. Wooley, MS, RD, CNSD; Peggi Guenter, PhD, RN, CNSN; Sheila Wright, MS, RD; Joel Brill, MD; Deb Andris, MSN, APNP; Pam Wagner, RD, CNSC; Don Filibeck, PharmD, MBA; and A.S.P.E.N. Board of Directors Nutrition in Clinical Practice. The State of Nutrition Support Teams and Update on Current Models for Providing Nutrition Support Therapy to Patients. February 2010; 25(1):76-84.
- Robert F. Kushner, Toby Graham, Refaat Hegazi, Gordon Jensen, Paul Marik, Russell Merritt. Optimizing Integration of Nutrition Into Patient Care Through Physician Leadership. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr, November 2010;34(6):30S-39S.
- Robert G. Martindale, MD, PhD; Stephen McClave, MD; Daren Heyland, MD; and David August, MD. Developing a Mentoring Program in Clinical Nutrition. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. November 2010; 34 (Supp 1):70S-77S.
- Rene Rivera, Donald F. Kirby, Ezra Steiger, Douglas L. Seidner. Professional Outcomes of Completing a Clinical Nutrition Fellowship: Cleveland Clinic’s 16-Year Experience. Nutr Clin Pract. Oct. 2010; 25:497-501.
- Kathryn M. Kolasa, Katherine Rickett. Barriers to Providing Nutrition Counseling Cited by Physicians: A Survey of Primary Care Practitioners. Nutr Clin Pract, October 2010; 25( 5):502-509.
- A.S.P.E.N. Ethics Position Paper Task Force, Albert Barrocas, Cynthia Geppert, Sharon M. Durfee, Julie O’Sullivan Maillet, Cheryl Monturo, Charles Mueller, Kathleen Stratton, Christina Valentine, and A.S.P.E.N. Board of Directors. A.S.P.E.N. Ethics Position Paper. Nutr Clin Pract. December 2010; 25: 672-679.
- Kristen M. Rhoda, Neha R. Parekh, Elizabeth Lennon, Christine Shay-Downer, Christiano Quintini, Ezra Steiger, and Donald F. Kirby. The Multidisciplinary Approach to the Care of Patients with Intestinal Failure at a Tertiary Care Facility. Nutr Clin Pract April 2010 25: 183-191.
- Jennifer Snever, Kendra Kattelmann, Cuirong Ren, Dennis C. Stevens. Implementation of a Multidisciplinary Team That Includes a Register Dietitian in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Improved Nutrition Outcomes. Nutr Clin Pract, Dec 2008-Jan 2009; 23(6):630-634. I. Tanswell, D. Barrett, C. Emm, W. Lycett, C. Charles, K. Evans and S. D. Hearing. Assessment by a Multidisciplinary Clinical Nutrition Team Before Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy Placement Reduces Early Postprocedure Mortality. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 2007 31: 205
- Philip J. Schneider. Nutrition Support Teams: An Evidence-Based Practice. Nutr Clin Pract, February 2006; 21(1): 62-67.
Clinical Nutrition Week Published Abstracts
S-13 Creation of a Virtual Nutrition Support Team to Focus on Patient Safety and Improve Quality of Care in Parenteral Nutrition Patients. Michelle Meyer, PharmD, BCPS, BCNSP1 ; Jennifer Hartwell, MD, FACS5 ; Theresa Cattell, RD, CNSC4 ; David Ashman, RD7 ; Brad Babines, RD, CNSC4 ; Amy Beatty, PharmD, BCPS9 ; Roopinder Bhullar, RPh8 ; Cato Coleman, RD4 ; Kaitlyn Donaldson9 ; Lois Frame, RD2 ; Penny Masters-Boes, RD, CNSC4 ; Julie McGlone, RPh, MS9 ; Gretchen Roeger, PharmD, BCPS9 ; Abby Tyson, PharmD, BCPS3 ; Gina Wowk, PharmD1 ; Tammy Young, PharmD6 1 Pharmacy, Grant Medical Center, Columbus, OH, USA; 2 Nutrition Services, Grant Medical Center, Columbus, OH, USA; 3 Pharmacy, Riverside Methodist Hospital, Columbus, OH, USA; 4 Nutrition Services, Riverside Methodist Hospital, Columbus, OH, USA; 5 Surgery, Grant Medical Center, Columbus, OH, USA; 6 Pharmacy, Doctor's Hospital, Columbus, OH, USA; 7 Nutrition Services, Doctor's Hospital, Columbus, OH, USA; 8Pharmacy, Dublin Methodist Hospital, Dublin, OH; 9 Corporate Pharmacy Services, OhioHealth, Dublin, OH, USA
S-14 Dietitian Collaboration With Vascular Access Nurses Prior to Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter Placement for Parenteral Nutrition: A Partnership That Can Prevent Unnecessary Central Lines Sharon Tate, MS, RD, LD1 ; Michele Creech, RD, LD, CNSC1 ; Pamela Perkins, RD, LD, CNSC1 1 Food and Nutrition Services, Maine Medical Center, Portland, ME, USA
S-17 Analysis of Current Parenteral and Enteral Monitoring System Used by a Multidisciplinary Home Infusion Nutrition Support Team Results in Positive Outcomes and Further Process Improvement Maura O'Neill, MBA, RD, CNSC1 ; Noreen Luszcz, MBA, RD, CNSC1 1 Nutrition Support Program, Option Care, Deerfield, IL, USA
M102—Assessment of Nutrition Support Knowledge and the Influence of Learning Modalities Among Medical and Surgical Resident Physicians Caring for the Critically Ill Salam Sunna, MS, RD, CNSC, LD1 ; Tracey Alperin, MDc, RD2 ; Ajeet Vinayak, MD 3 1 Food and Nutrition, Medstar Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC, USA ; 2 School of Medicine, Georgetown University, Washington, DC, USA; 3 Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, Medstar Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC, USA
Educational Programs on Nutrition Support Teams
Video Clips of A.S.P.E.N. Leaders discussing Nutrition Support Practice Management
- The Clinician’s Compendium to Nutrition Support Therapy is an online nutrition support lecture series, and much more. The Compendium features key lectures provided by world renowned speakers who represent the multidisciplinary nature of nutrition support. This program is free to A.S.P.E.N. members and Section 7. Highlights nutrition support services.