Course Dates/Topics/Faculty | CE Credit & Recordings | Pricing Information/Registration | Cancellation/Refund Policy | FAQs | System Requirements | Accreditation Information
The Nutrition Support Fundamentals Course is a 9-part live and interactive online course that covers a variety of topics in nutrition support and clinical nutrition. The course includes topics on malnutrition, neonatal nutrition, and acid base (back by popular demand!), making it more comprehensive than ever before! Additionally, if you are preparing for a certification exam, this course is a perfect complement to your preparation. Plus, earn up to 14 valuable CE credits!
The 2020 course dates will be announced in spring 2020. A course overview is listed below to provide an example of the course content. Details for the 2020 course will be available this spring.
ONLINE COURSE: Registration opens spring 2020!
- Test Taking Tips; Nutrient Deficiencies; Malnutrition Assessment (2 Hours)
- Fluids and Electrolytes (1.5 hours)
- Acid Base (1 hour)
- EN and PN Access (1.5 hours)
- PN and Home PN (1.5 hours)
- EN and Home EN (1.5 hours)
- Critical Care; Statistics (1.5 hours)
- GI Disorders; Ethics (1.5 hours)
- Pediatrics; Neonatal Nutrition Support (2 hours)
What is the Nutrition Support Fundamentals Course?
ASPEN’s Nutrition Support Fundamentals Course (NSFC) provides a comprehensive overview of nutrition support therapy. The course can be used as a tool for helping you identify personal knowledge gaps to further identify future areas of learning. Whether you are preparing for a certification examination or seeking additional professional growth in nutrition support, recognizing these knowledge gaps allows you to use your professional development time and energy more effectively. In addition to providing a thorough review of core nutrition support topics such as nutrition assessment and nutrient deficiencies, parenteral nutrition, enteral nutrition, fluids and electrolytes, and pediatrics, the NSFC will also include specialty areas of nutrition support such as home care, critical care, gastrointestinal disorders, ethics, and statistics. Don’t miss this invaluable nutrition support-focused course!
Course Learning Objectives
- Assess personal knowledge of nutrition support and identify areas requiring further study for the nutrition support specialty certification examination or other professional growth.
- Review core nutrition support topics including GI disorders, nutrition assessment, parenteral nutrition, and enteral nutrition.
- Highlight specialty areas of nutrition support such as pediatric nutrition support, home care, critical care, and fluids and electrolytes.
Course Dates, Topics, and Faculty
Will be announced in spring 2020
CE Credit & Recordings:
- CE credit cannot be claimed for missed webinars. In order to claim CE credit, you must attend the original live webinar broadcast at the scheduled time.
- CE Credit is calculated on a per webinar attended basis. If you miss a webinar, you can still receive CE credit for other webinars/sessions attended.
- Registration includes access to recordings of all sessions. Recordings will be accessible in the eLearning Center.
- Please note: Recordings will be provided assuming ASPEN receives permission from the speakers. If a speaker does not grant ASPEN permission to post the recording of their individual presentation, then the recording of that presentation will not be accessible after the end of the webinar.
|Individual Registration ||Early-bird (by TBD) ||Standard (TBD and after) |
|ASPEN Member ||$245.00 ||$265.00 |
|Non-Member ||$345.00 ||$365.00 |
REGISTRATION OPENS SPRING 2020!
All cancellation requests must be sent to the ASPEN national office by email or fax (301-587-2365) on or before the Friday before the start of the program. Telephone cancellations will not be accepted. Refunds will be issued less a $50.00 administrative fee. No refunds or credits will be issued for cancellations received via email or fax after the Friday before the start of the program. Substitutions will be accepted until the program start date.
Click on the above link for answers to the most common program questions. If you are unable to participate in this multi-week webinar program, please consider some of the other study resources that won’t require you to be on the computer at a certain time. Recordings of the course will be available for purchase after the entire course has concluded. Please note CE credit is not available for the course recordings, only the live webinars are accredited.
System RequirementsComputer with internet connection
- Windows or MAC OS
- Supported Browsers: Firefox 52+, Chrome 58+, Safari 10+, Microsoft Edge 14+, Internet Explorer 11+
- Internet Explorer 11+ requires the most recent version of the Adobe Flash plugin
- Recommended RAM: 512MB+
- Iphone 5s+ - Safari Browser - IOS 9+
- Ipad 2+ - Safari Browser - IOS 9+
- Android Running 4.0+ - Chrome Browser
Accreditation InformationTarget Audience:
This course is ideal for nutrition professionals such as dietitians, nurses, pharmacists, physicians, and others seeking a comprehensive overview of core nutrition support topics. This course and all of its parts is designed at the intermediate learning level. Successful Completion:
ASPEN provides continuing education credit to physicians, nurses, pharmacists and dietitians who attend in full each session claimed for credit, and complete the program evaluation via the ASPEN eLearning Center.
Pharmacists, please note that ASPEN will upload earned CE credit into the CPE monitor system within the required timeframe. Any credit not claimed by the deadline will not be entered into the CPE monitor system. Please provide your correct NABP eprofile ID and birthday (MMDD) when completing your evaluation and claiming CE credit. ASPEN submits only the information that is entered by the pharmacist when credit is claimed and is not responsible for following up with pharmacists to obtain any corrected information to ensure an error-free submission. Additional information about the CPE monitor is available here: http://www.nutritioncare.org/Continuing_Education/Claim_CE_Credit/Continuing_Education_Credit/ Dietitians
Accreditation Statements: Nurses, Pharmacists, and Physicians
In support of improving patient care, The American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (ASPEN) is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
ASPEN designates this live activity for a maximum of TBD AMA PRA Category 1 Credits TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity is for a maximum of TBD contact hours (TBD CEUs). This is considered a knowledge activity.
Pharmacy UANs will be listed with each individual week's topic upon finalization of the schedule.
ASPEN is approved as a provider of continuing nursing education by the California Board of Nursing, provider number CEP3970.
ASPEN Provider Number AM005, is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited Provider with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). Registered dietitians (RDs) and dietetic technicians, registered (DTRs) will receive a maximum of 14.0 continuing professional education units (CPEUs) for completion of this program / materials. CDR level 2 (Intermediate). Dietitians may post comments on this program on www.cdrnet.org.
Any grievances should be addressed in writing to Director of Education and Research • ASPEN • 8401 Colesville Road • Suite 510 • Silver Spring, MD 20910.
ASPEN subscribes to the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support.
ASPEN does not provide programs that constitute advertisement or include promotional content. ASPEN does not endorse any products.
No commercial support was received for this program.
There will be no discussion of off-label use of products.
Faculty and Planning Committee Members Commercial Relationship Disclosures and Conflicts of Interest (COI)
Provided with course materials provided to each webinar
ASPEN will accommodate attendees with disabilities or special needs who participate in the online Nutrition Support Fundamentals and Review Course. If you require special services, please contact a member of our customer service team at [email protected] or call 800-727-4567 (US and Canada) or 301-587-6315 (international).