The Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (JPEN) is the premier scientific journal of clinical nutrition and metabolic support. It publishes original peer-reviewed studies that define the cutting edge of basic and clinical research in the field. It explores the science of optimizing the care of patients receiving enteral or IV therapies. JPEN is an official journal of the American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (ASPEN).
JPEN accepts contributions on a wide range of issues within the field of clinical nutrition covering topics such as:
- High quality evidence supporting best clinical practices in human populations
- Translational research investigating novel strategies that optimize nutrition support therapy
- Basic research enhancing understanding of cellular and molecular nutrient utilization, metabolism, and pathophysiology
- Critical reviews of current knowledge in nutrition and metabolism
- Educational and training strategies establishing best learning outcomes and fostering a robust community of nutrition support practitioners
- Innovative techniques, materials, and devices demonstrating improved outcomes
- Case reports/series informing novel hypothesis generation and clinical insight
Manuscripts must be submitted online. There is no submission fee. Author instructions and forms are available at this site. Please note that your author account will be the same for JPEN as well as Nutrition in Clinical Practice (NCP), because authors submitting manuscripts for publication in JPEN are submitting their manuscript to the ASPEN journals’ office database, accessible to the Editors of both ASPEN journals
Manuscripts are considered with the understanding that they have not been published previously except in abstract form or as preliminary observations and are not under consideration by another publication. Each submission is given unbiased consideration and evaluated without regard to the race, gender, ethnic origin, or citizenship of the author(s). We treat all articles as confidential until they are published in the Journal.
View complete manuscript submission guidelines.