FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
A.S.P.E.N. Announces Board Appointments
June 11, 2012, Silver Spring, MD – The American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (A.S.P.E.N.), an interdisciplinary organization whose members are involved in all aspects of clinical nutrition and metabolism, today announces its new board appointments for 2012-2013.
• President: Tom Jaksic, MD, PhD, W. Hardy Hendren Professor of Surgery, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
• President-elect: Ainsley M. Malone, MS, RD, LD, CNSC, Nutrition Support Team Department of Pharmacy, Mt. Carmel West Hospital, Columbus, OH
• Vice President: Daniel H. Teitelbaum, M.D., Professor of Surgery, Section of Pediatric Surgery, C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital, Ann Arbor, MI
• New Board Members: Gordon S. Sacks, Pharm. D., BCNSP, FCCP, Department Head & Professor, Department of Pharmacy Practice, Harrison School of Pharmacy, Auburn University, Auburn, AL; Deborah A. Andris, MSN APNP, Nurse Practitioner, Division of Colo-Rectal Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, Wauwatosa, WI
• President, Rhoads Research Foundation: Charles W. Van Way III, MD, Sosland / Missouri Endowed Chair of Trauma Services, Director, Shock /Trauma Research Center, University of Missouri - Kansas City, Kansas City, MO
The American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (A.S.P.E.N.) is dedicated to improving patient care by advancing the science and practice of clinical nutrition and metabolism. Founded in 1976, A.S.P.E.N. is an interdisciplinary organization whose members are involved in the provision of clinical nutrition therapies, including parenteral and enteral nutrition. With more than 5,500 members from around the world, A.S.P.E.N. is a community of dietitians, nurses, pharmacists, physicians, scientists, students and other health professionals from every facet of nutrition support clinical practice, research and education.