Are you currently certified as a nutrition support practitioner by the National Board of Nutrition Support Certification (NBNSC)? Do you want to ensure the delivery of safe and effective nutrition support by certified professionals? Do you want to utilize your leadership skills to help advance the nutrition support profession?
If you answered yes to the above questions, then this might be the opportunity for you. The NBNSC is currently accepting applications for several open positions on the Certified Nutrition Support Clinician® (CNSC®) Committee. The CNSC® Exam Committee is interdisciplinary to reflect the interdisciplinary nature of nutrition support.
Available Positions on the CNSC® Exam Committee
- Dietitian member for a three year term beginning April 1, 2019 (2 positions)
- Nurse member for a three year term beginning April 1, 2019 (1 position)
- Physician member for a three year term beginning April 1, 2019 (1 position)
- Physician assistant member for a three year term beginning April 1, 2019 (1 position)
Position Qualifications and Expectations
- The dietitian member must be a registered dietitian/nutritionist and hold a current NBNSC certification as a nutrition support practitioner (CNSC®)
- The nurse member must be a licensed nurse and hold a current NBNSC certification as a nutrition support practitioner (CNSC®)
- The physician member must be a licensed physician and hold a current NBNSC certification as a nutrition support practitioner (CNSC®)
- The physician assistant member must be a licensed physician assistant hold a current NBNSC certification as a nutrition support practitioner (CNSC®)
- Exam committee members are responsible for generating questions for inclusion in the exam item bank
- Exam committee members may be asked to chair an item review workshop in the area in which they reside
- Exam committee members participate in-person in a two-day exam development meeting prior to ASPEN's annual conference each year
- Committee members are expected to serve as experts in test item writing, reviewing and editing, in establishing the validity of the examination, and in recommending to the Board of Directors standards for passing and failing the examination
- Individual members of the CNSC® exam committee are prohibited from teaching courses, writing chapters, or reviewing manuscripts designated as exam preparation
This is an exciting time to become involved with nutrition support certification. If interested, please submit your letter of interest outlining your qualifications, curriculum vitae and conflict of interest statement electronically no later than January 31, 2019 to:
Salewa Akintilo, MSGH
Education and Research Coordinator
ASPEN | American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition
Applicants will be notified of the status of the positions in March 2019.
Conflict of Interest Statement