JPEN and NCP papers on Nutrition Support Practice Quality Improvement
- Shiroma GM, Horie LM, Castro MG, Martins JR, Bittencourt AF, Logullo L, Lourdes M, Silva T, Waitzberg DL. Nutrition quality control in the prescription and administration of parenteral nutrition therapy for hospitalized patients. Nutr Clin Pract 2015;30:406-413.
- Jadcherla SR, DAil J, Malkar MB, McClead R, Kelleher K, Nelin L. Impact of process optimization and quality improvement measures on neonatal feeding outcomes at an all-referral neonatal intensive care unit. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 0148607115571667, first published on March 2, 2015.
- Heyland DK, Dhaliwal R, Lemieux M, Wang M, Day AG. Implementing the PEP uP protocol in critical care units in canada: results of a multicenter, quality improvement study. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 2015;39:698-706.
- Hall BE, Engehart MS, Blaseg K, Wessel K, Stanislaw P, Stawicki A, Evans D. Implementation of a dietitian-led enteral nutrition support clinic results in quality improvement, reduced readmissions, and cost savings. Nutr Clin Pract 2014;29:649-655.
- Verotti CC, Matos RS, Cecconello I, Waitzberg DL. Selection of Top 10 quality indicators for nutrition therapy. Nutr Clin Pract 2012;27:261-267.
- Roland Dickerson, Leslie A. Hamilton, Rex O. Brown. Use of a Standardized Progress Note and Assessment Form for Performance Evaluation and Quality Improvement. Nutr Clin Pract October 2010 25: 490-496.
- Robert DeChicco, Tiffany Neal, Jason M. Guardino. Developing an Education Program for Nutrition Support Teams. Nutr Clin Pract, October 2010; 25(5):481-489.
- Megan Boitano, Shiva Bojak, Shirley McCloskey, David S McCaul, Megan McDonough. Improving the Safety and Effectiveness of Parenteral Nutrition: Results of a Quality Improvement Collaboration Nutr Clin Pract. December 2010;25(6):663-671.
- Tasnim Sinuff, Naomi E. Cahill, Rupinder Dhaliwal, Miao Wang, Andrew G. Day, and Daren K. Heyland. The Value of Audit and Feedback Reports in Improving Nutrition Therapy in the Intensive Care Unit: A Multicenter Observational Study.JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. Nov 2010; 34: 660-668.
- Gisele Limongeli Gurgueira, Heitor Pons Leite, José Augusto de Aguiar Carrazedo Taddei, and Werther Brunow de Carvalho. Outcomes in a Pediatric Intensive Care Unit Before and After the Implementation of a Nutrition Support Team. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr, MAY-JUNE 2005;29(3):176-185.
Clinical Nutrition Week Published Abstracts
S-15 Improvement in Quality Metrics at a Large Academic Medical Center After the Implementation of an Education Program and the Nutrition Intervention Team Stephanie B. Cutrell, MS, RDN, LDN, CNSC1 ; Dena McGhee, RDN, LDN, CNSC2 ; Niko Nuguid, PharmD, CNSC1 ; Monica McPherson, RPh, CNSC1 ; Anissa Cavaliere, PharmD1 ; Laura E. Matarese, PhD, RDN, LDN, FADA, CNSC, FASPEN3 1 Pharmacy, Vidant Medical Center, Greenville, NC, USA; 2 Nutrition, Vidant Medical Center, Greenville, NC, USA; 3 Internal Medicine at Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC, USA
S90—Medication Reconciliation of Compounded Home Parenteral Nutrition Solutions—A Quality Improvement Initiative at a Pediatric Teaching Hospital Margaret K. Murphy, PharmD, BCNSP1,2; Kathleen M. Gura, PharmD, BCNSP, FASHP,FPPAG,FASPEN1,2; Glendalis Grullon, RN, MSN, CPNP2 ; Bram Raphael, MD2,3 1 Pharmacy, Boston Children's Hospital, Boston, MA; 2 Home Parenteral Nutrition Program, Boston Children's Hospital, Boston, MA; 3 Division of GI, Hepatology and Nutrition, Boston Children's Hospital, Boston, MA
Educational Sessions on Quality Improvement
CNW 2014 - A Marriage Between Quality Improvement and The EHR with the IRB Standing in as Justice of the Peace!
CNW 2013 - Outcomes Based Nutrition Research in the ICU: Generating Knowledge, Synthesizing Evidence & Quality Measures