June 22, 2022, 3:00 PM -
Event Type: Webinars
In response to the automated compounding device valve shortage, ASPEN is hosting this complimentary webinar, which will be focused on educating clinicians on multi-chamber bag parenteral nutrition (MCB-PN). The webinar will review MCB-PN formulations, incorporation into practice including limitations and challenges, and ways to recognize and mitigate potential safety concerns. Both adult and pediatric considerations will be presented.
- Discuss the multi-chamber bag parenteral nutrition (MCB-PN) formulations available in the U.S.
- Describe how to successfully incorporate MCB-PN into your practice.
- Review limitations and challenges associated with the use of MCB-PN.
- Recognize and mitigate potential safety concerns related to the use of MCB-PN.
- Present case scenarios utilizing MCB-PN in various patient populations.
Phil Ayers, PharmD, BCNSP, FASHP, Chief, Clinical Pharmacy Services, Mississippi Baptist Medical Center, Clinical Associate Professor, University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy, Jackson, MS
Andrew Mays, PharmD, BCNSP, CNSC, FASPEN, Clinical Pharmacy Specialist – Nutrition Support, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy, Jackson, MS
Margaret Murphy PharmD, BCNSP, Senior Clinical Pharmacist - Clinical Nutrition Service & Home Parenteral Nutrition Program, Boston Children's Hospital
Moderator: Jay Mirtallo, MS, RPH, BCNSP, FASHP, FASPEN, Clinical Practice Specialist, The American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition; Professor Emeritus, The Ohio State University, College of Pharmacy, Columbus, OH
Pricing: This webinar is free for all participants.
This non-accredited program is sponsored by
Register for Free